20

Monday's special

Posted by Claudia Moser on 6:55 AM in , , ,
The GBE2 theme for this week is either Children or Parent, and I chose to re-post two older entries dedicated to my mother and my grandparents.

The warm feeling which was present while thinking of my mom, made me decide to have the Monday's special also focused on this word!

A mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie.
by Tenneva Jordan

Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs in my field, since the payment is pure love.
by Mildred B. Vermont

The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.
by Rajneesh

If the whole world were put into one scale, and my mother in the other, the whole world would kick the beam.
by Lord Langdale (Henry Bickersteth)

The heart of a mother is a deep abyss at the bottom of which you will always find forgiveness.
by Honoré de Balzac

When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thoughts. A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child.
by Sophia Loren

The sweetest sounds to mortals given
Are heard in Mother, Home, and Heaven.
by William Goldsmith Brown

A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials heavy and sudden, fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends who rejoice with us in our sunshine desert us; when trouble thickens around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts.
by Washington Irving

|

20 Comments


Some lovely quotes here. That first one made me smile :-)

Hope Peter is doing okay.


Loved the quotes about Mothers today! Particularly the one about the pie. I have done that so often! Do hope that Peter is responding to treatment. I know how worried you've been,.


This was beautiful Claudia. Some of my favorite quotes were here. Love it. Thanks for putting me in a happy space!

Anonymous says:

Lovely post and nice words about Mothers :)


@Sarah - it is very much true! My mom used to do that quite often!
@Diane - still am worried, but happy for any sign of improvement!
@Kathi - I am glad I did!


@Eva Marie - I love my mother immensly :)


Some great quotes, Claudia. I especially like the third one by Rajneesh.


@Paula - thank you, my mother is to be found in each and one of them!


Love them! Isn't it amazing how people can capture just the right feeling in so few words sometimes?


@Laura - indeed, some writers have this talent!


My favorite is the mother being born with her first child. I know that to be true. I loved this whole post. :)


@Jo - yes, it had a perfect fit to the theme on GBE2!


Lovely quotes, and you are right perfect for this week's theme!

Kathy
http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com/


@Kathy - thank you, a mix for this week's entry!


love this...and so true..


@Virgo - thank you!

Anonymous says:

Wonderfully done!


@Beth - easy peasy right? :)))


Awww, I love these. Excellent entry.


@Langley - thank you!

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, I appreciate them all!

Motto

"A story is not like a road to follow … it's more like a house. You go inside and stay there for a while, wandering back and forth and settling where you like and discovering how the room and corridors relate to each other, how the world outside is altered by being viewed from these windows. And you, the visitor, the reader, are altered as well by being in this enclosed space, whether it is ample and easy or full of crooked turns, or sparsely or opulently furnished. You can go back again and again, and the house, the story, always contains more than you saw the last time. It also has a sturdy sense of itself of being built out of its own necessity, not just to shelter or beguile you."
by Alice Munro

Copyright © 2009 The story All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.